Saturday, November 13, 2010

How come hairstylists never listen to their customers?

It really cheeses my fries.



Whenever I go to a salon to get my haircut, they ask me what I want and how I want my hair cut, styled, etc.



I'll tell them in precise, clear words how I want stuff.



But then, when they're cutting my hair, they do the complete opposite of what I told them!



Why is this?



My hair isn't hard to work with and the texture of it is normal and yet, they never do what I ask. I don't get? Is it hard to follow orders or something?



I just feel like hairstylists only cut your hair how THEY want it even though it's YOUR hair that they're cutting. I guess it doesn't matter, right?



All I wanted was a fade and the back cut straight across and then she started doing all of these things I never told her to do. I kept on having to remind her every 5 seconds but she still didn't listen. I felt like it was pointless because she just wanted to do it her way. But this happens a lot and I see it a lot, too.



I realize everyone's hair is different and not all of their wants are going to get met because it may be unrealistic for their hair texture but it just seems hairstylists only do what they want to do to someone elses hair and I find it to be very rude.



And this was Supercuts. I've been in high class salons and it's still the same procedure. I think it just matters on their opinion and not yours. They charged me $17 bucks! I mean, for a fade and everything? It only requires clippers! It's so easy but I don't know how to do it because I don't want to ruin my own hair, you know? But if you're a hairstylist, clippers seem to be a dream to work with... and she used scissors but it wasn't forever.



I ended up giving her a $20 and told her to keep the change because I'm nice.





Thoughts?How come hairstylists never listen to their customers?
I agree with you. I even take pictures in with me each time. One time I had a picture from the front, and one from the side. I asked for her to put in layers, just like the picture. Instead, she cut it straight across in the back (far too short) and left it blunt. when I asked why she didn't do it anything like I had asked, she said, 'I don't think that would look good on you.' Like, why didn't she say that in the first place!? I could have gone somewhere else and got it done right.



I think they like having that control over you.How come hairstylists never listen to their customers?
trust me. i know EXACTLY what you mean. i remember asking for about an inch off of my hair one time and they cut off like 4 inches! i have to pay about 35 bucks for a hair cut. i complained once but they seem to be getting better. (:
well people are probably saying ';Give me this give me that blah blah blah'; and he/she doesn't want to deal with any more customers so she might be getting rid of you



OR



He's/She's life has been really tough and they are really stressed



That's what I think

No comments:

Post a Comment