Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cutting my own hair with clippers?

I usually go to the barber shop once a month to get the same haircut, #2 on sides #3 on top, and then shell out $15.00, I of course watch them cut my hair, and it looks easy to do, and I was just wondering since looks can be deceiving is it difficult to cut your won hair with clippers? And if not, what brand clipper should I buy? Also I was looking up some clippers and on descriptions it said there were multiple head attachments for the cutting, and I was wondering what does the #2 attachment and #3 attachment mean, I mean in how many inches; because I saw on some descriptions of other clippers where it was 1/8inches, 7/8 inches, etc.Cutting my own hair with clippers?
well, you can cut your hair at home yourself.....however, you still need to blend the edge between a number 2 %26amp; 3....and also clippers dont pick up every single strand of hair, so you will end up missing some.

I am a hairstylist myself...and when i do a buzz cut, i always always go through and blend it with my scissors after.

Oster clippers are in my opinion the best ones out there. they will last you YEARS if you get a higher end model....I know some stylists who have had theirs for like 20 yrs. keep them oiled all the time and a fresh blade on them.

Your clipper attachments will come with the clippers most likely. so you will get a set from 1-6 probably and it says right on the attachment what it is in inches.Cutting my own hair with clippers?
Its not that hard but will take practice. my husband just did his for th first time for the same reasons as you and it looked good and he does his the same. just get clippers with all the attachments and use the number two and three. its says on the clip and the clips are attachments. clips attachments heads all the same. but remember IT WILL GROW BACK lol





you figure your gonna spend 20 bucks on a pretty good set of clippers spending 15 a month its the bad idea part lol. try it if you cant do it get it a little shorter and have the barber fix it for you
Wahl clippers.

No it's not easy but you'll get the hang of it.

buy some mirrors as well - one that stays in one place and another that you can move - called a shaving mirror.
i wouldn't do it...at least if you don't want to shave your head. the # has to do with the length (as you probably already know)..#1 would be the shortest attachment...#2 the second shortest etc... but be careful around the back, the crown part where you can't see...I know many a man that has messed up that part..the lines in the back can be really hard to do on yourself...how about getting another guy to cut it and then you cut his hair? that way you both save money and look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment